Did you know that women speak about 7,000 words in a day, while men usually hover around 2,000?
ISpaHealth.com is full of amazing fun facts about the body, and we’re excited to share them with you this week. For example, did you know that the brain only accounts for 2% of the body’s total weight, but it uses about 20% of our energy?
A cough forces air out of your body at about 60mph, and a sneeze can reach speeds of 100mph! Woah!
While standing still, your body is still using 300 muscles to balance.
Your eyes can still tell the difference between 500 shades of grey.
Want to know how tall you are? You can measure your feet to your head, obviously, or you could measure your wingspan. Simply stretch your arms our straight and measure fingertips to fingertips.
But how can these little fun facts help us stay healthy? Below are some tips to better your everyday life:
- Laugh, it lowers stress hormones while strengthening your immune system
- Exercise, it helps with weight management, sure, but also combats against stress, enhances sleep, and activates the immune system
- Hug loved ones, touching stimulates endorphins – even the slightest of touches can greatly increase your mood; there are about 3,000 touch receptors in each fingertip!
- Listen to music, studies show that those who listen to music while walking will walk 30% longer than those who don’t
- Drink lots of water, especially during the times surrounding a spa treatment or workout to reduce soreness in the muscles and flush out toxins
Were these tips familiar to you? Do you think you’re an expert on the human body? Below is a quiz of compiled trivia questions. Simply type in your name (no contact information is required), and test your responses. By clicking “Submit” the quiz will tell you if you were correct, and also offer the correct answer and an explanation if necessary. Good luck!
If you do well, share your answers on our Facebook Page!